These 20 questions are designed to help you decide whether you need Al-Anon Adult Children.
1. Do you constantly seek approval and affirmation?
2. Do you fail to recognize your accomplishments?
3. Do you fear criticism?
4. Do you over extend yourself?
5. Have you had problems with your own compulsive behavior?
6. Do you have a need for perfection?
7. Are you uneasy when your life is going smoothly, continually anticipating problems?
8. Do you feel more alive in the midst of a crisis?
9. Do you still feel responsible for others, as you did for the problem drinker ( drug abuser) in your life?
10.Do you care for others easily, yet find it difficult to care for yourself?
11.Do you isolate yourself from other people?
12.Do you respond with fear to authority figures and angry people?
13.Do you feel that individuals and society in general are taking advantage of you?
14.Do you have trouble with intimate relationships?
15.Do you confuse pity with love, as you did with the problem drinker?
16.Do you attract and/or seek people who tend to be compulsive and abusive?
17.Do you cling to relationships because you are afraid of being alone?
18.Do you mistrust your own feelings and the feelings expressed by others?
19.Do you find it difficult to identify and express your emotions?
20.Do you think parental drinking may have affected you?
If you answered yes to some of these questions, Al-Anon Adult Children meetings may be able to help you.