1. A time of intense difficulty, trouble, or danger.
“the current economic crisis”
synonyms: emergency, disaster, catastrophe, calamity
2. A time when a difficult or important decision must be made.
“a crisis point of history”
synonyms: critical point, turning point, crossroads, watershed, head, moment of truth, zero hour, point of no return, rubicon, doomsday
3. The turning point of a disease when an important change takes place, indicating either recovery or death.
4. A condition of instability or danger, as in social, economic, political, or international affairs, leading to a decisive change
Has anyone experienced any of the above?
1. Loss of job- because of an addiction-
- late for work, absent-ism, drinking/using at work or coming to work after bender
2. Actual or Potential Loss of relationship because of an addiction
- divorce, separation, business break-up
3. Breaking the law to feed an addiction
- fraud, stealing money or items
4. Breaking the law because of the addiction
- motor vehicle accident, DUI
5. Threatening someone before, during or after ingesting substances
- out of fear that you will not support their addiction
6. Physically intimidating or attacking someone before, during or after ingesting substances
- fear based vs confronting rationally
7. Being caught in a lie- because of an addiction
- people, places, things
8. Living beyond one’s own means of income because of an addiction
- paying their rent, food, car payment, credit card debt or dealers
9. Depending on family and friends to bail them out
- demanding or begging someone to get them out of jail
10. Spending more time with people who do not encourage a healthy lifestyle
- with people that don’t really love them
11. Living a facade
- hiding from the truth and creating lie, after lie, after lie
12. Families and friends giving firm ultimatums
- healthy friends and family disconnect
13. Substance abuse problem causing mental or physical health issues
- hospitalized ( short or long term), black outs, psychosis, skin problems
14. Threatening suicide if someone does not give into their demands
- fear based on life seeming overwhelming without substances
- because of an addiction related offence
16. Unhealthy habits and unhealthy behavior
- due to addiction and inability to deal with life substance free
Sadly, People experience these types of crisis situations many times, before they pick up the phone to get help.
Families will drop everything while their loved one is in crisis, but will not demand that they get help in that moment,
or be willing to walk away….. which essentially creates another crisis for them, and may just save their life.
When the cost becomes too great to continue lying about their substance abuse problems—- people GET HELP.
When their is wiggle room that allows them to continue to drink or abuse substances- they will CONTINUE until
another crisis happens. AND it will happen.
The problem with waiting for another crisis to come is that the next crisis may just be their last one and it will
be too late for treatment. They may end up dead or in jail for a very long time.
Please spend the time find helping vs fixing the short term problem
Call 1-877-523-8369 and ask for Tammy Francoeur